Sunday, March 9, 2008

Old Friends


My old buddy Kev Corcoran who lived just down the street when I was young visited on Saturday. Probably my best friend from those days (Paul would have been a close second). We went to 1st & 2nd grades together, but I moved to Brookfield, Wisconsin before 3rd grade. Of course we lost contact after that. Funny how things work out - Paul VanderLei and Kev went to school together through elementary and Paul moved to Phoenix in highschool. They did keep in contact after that. Paul & I met back up at Calvin College when we happened to be in the same dorm. Kev visited Paul at college & Paul reintroduced us. Now we all keep in touch - well, pretty much.
Kev hasn't changed much over the years. He's an avid hiker and works at Northrop Grumman in California. He has a great sense of humor and loves to laugh. How could anyone not like that?