Saturday, July 10, 2010

Cotton!

One of the Arizona C's (Copper, Citrus, Cattle, Cotton, and Climate) this cotton is growing at Pueblo Grande Museum.  I am fortunate enough to be able to work about half my shift there.  They are really hurting from City budget cuts and I help out wherever needed.  The demonstration garden is one place I'm helping...

Here is the garden with a 'living fence' of ocotillo behind it.  Irrigation sends water to each 'field' and out to a drain; it appears to be running uphill!


I just planted a hundred or two birdhouse gourds in these rows.  Should have plenty for projects by late November. 


Here is the cotton field.


Quite a large flower. (you knew I would sneak a flower picture in)


And the fluffy cotton waiting for harvest.

Check out my link to Pueblo Grande or friend it on Facebook!  There are always things coming up, and some very good, free lectures are among them.

No comments: