Monday, January 21, 2008

Another Colored Pencil 'Painting'


Just finished this one. I took these images from different pictures I took when in Hawaii WAAAAY back when. Actually, that was a pretty cool story, too. I won a week trip to Hawaii going to one of those vacation packages. I had gone in figuring on winning a night in Vegas as a highschool buddy was coming for a visit and wanted to go to Vegas. I pulled out the one envelope with the Hawaii package in it! Anyhow, I had in mind to do this painting after getting my prints back and finally got around to doing it. Into Deeper Waters - we all must go. I think I can do much better with it by going larger, and painting it. When I learn to paint. And have time and space to do so. Anyhow, this one will come up again in the future. I'm not sure of the size on this, 9"x12" or 13"?

2 comments:

Ron Guthrie said...

Ranger Dan,
I think this would make a good larger painting too. It is exceptional as is! Very cool story on how you ended up in Hawaii too. All I've ever won was tickets to an Imax movie in LA but it was on Hawaii!...not quite the same though....besides, Linda is always talking about Hawaii since she lived there. Excellent work Dan.

Kimber Van Essen said...

Hey - thanks for checking out our blog - you are correct about the bed - it was quite impressive - I would have taken a photo - but they are not allowed inside the castle. I can't seem to locate your email address - otherwise I would have just emailed this comment to you - so hope you get it.

Your neice - Kimber