Saturday, January 12, 2008

My Show Pieces

OK, there's probably a way to make this into a slide show, but I don't have the foggiest...You'll have to suffer scrolling down to see everything. Add the crappy monitor and I don't really know if anything I'm posting is even decent. So, because I believe a few pictures to be blurry, I will show the gallery shot - framed and then the scan - unframed.

Ready?



Scroll!





The Glory of Fall - 16" x 20" Framed
Pen & Ink [stipple]
$4500




In HIS Hands 11"x14" Framed Colored Pencil $1250
















Christmas House Ruins 11"x14" Framed Pen & Ink plus Colored Pencil $ 1350














Phoenix Zoo Koi 11"x14" Framed Colored Pencil $500













Tribute to the Night 11"x14" Framed
Pen & Ink [stipple]
$1350














Hunger Pains 11"x14" Framed Pen & Ink [stipple]
$400















Collared Lizard - Mate Wait 8"x10" Framed
Pen & Ink [stipple]
$200













Reach for the Sky 14"x11"
Pen & Ink [stipple]
$450



















Little Begger 8"x10" Framed
Pen & Ink [stipple]
$350














Havasupai Falls 14"x11" Framed Pen & Ink [stipple] Not For Sale




















Santa Rita Prickly Pear Flower 11"x14" Framed Colored Pencil on Black Paper $350



















The last Ebony Pencil drawing I did was in 1996 or 97 for Erik. This is the Durango - Silverton Narrow Guage in CO.










This is crazy King Ludwig's Bavarian castle. Interesting story behind this and his other castles. Anyhow he was committed as insane but not before he spent most of the family's accumulated wealth. I don't know how that got underlined, and I don't know how to undo it without retyping everything. It was done with Ebony pencil and white Prismacolor pencil on blue paper.

















This is a harbor scene I really liked. Well, Karen really liked it, too. The first one I did of this one I gave to Phoenix Christian Gradeschool for an auction. This is the second one of the same scene. It was (they were) done with Ebony pencil and white Prismacolor on grey paper.





3 comments:

Sue Feenstra said...

These are incredible. I showed the girls last night and they kept asking if it was a photograph! My favorite is the first one but I like fall stuff!

Arizona Gronseths said...

Me too, Sue. It's my favorite time of year.

Ron Guthrie said...

"Tribute to the Night"...that would be my vote on Best of Show winner there. That is one heck of a piece of work Dan. There is a lot of very good ones here but there is always one that screams and that's it! I also really like that last one of the harbor scene...killer look to that one. Good show pieces here.