Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rain

With all the cloud pictures lately, it was only a matter of time before I got around to taking pictures of the rain. February was a wet month and I nearly forgot to get any rain pictures. The last rain it suddenly occurred to me I aught to do that, so here goes...


A day fit for ducks

Even a good rain can't last forever. Blue sky peeking through signalled a temporary end to the rain.

The ground can only soak up so much rainfall and the rest runs off. Although for planting, the ground is the softest I've seen it in ages.  Good, slow rains like our winter rains do soak in better than the heavy, fast downpours of summer monsoons, and the ground does soften up with all the moisture.  I've been planting in places where the pick normally bounces off the ground.

No comments: