Thursday, January 28, 2010

Even MORE Lichen

I went back to Camelback Wednesday to try to find another fern to get a better picture without having to hike half way up.  I found a semi-isolated little wash with a bunch of lichens I'm pretty sure I've never seen before.
I don't have the ID for these, but when I do I'll post them. Pretty cool, though, spotted and bi-color!


Here are more spotted ones, but are they a seperate sp? These appear to be greenish then turn tan, while the other one above seems whiter and maybe a bit greyish.  Knowing as little as I do, I can't say.  When I find out, I will post the results...


Fringed and some others...
Darker colors as varitation within the same species or different species? The black ones different from those identified earlier? Again, we'll have to wait and see...

So here could be another 4 -7 new ones here. New to me, that is!

No comments: