Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back to the Old Grind

We were just settling back into a routine after vacation and now Karen has started back at school already. This week is just teachers, but next week Monday already they start with the kids. Erik starts back at the end of the month and Jake in August. Looks like we'll have coordinated fall breaks, so that might mean SoCal (southern California) in the fall - Disneyland???

At work I had done a project with ASU students planting about 150 seedlings. After the 3 weeks of 115+ temps we have about 4 or 5 still alive. I had some old mesquite seeds (the seedlings were all mesquite) that I planted inside the chickenwire they had put around the seedlings. Fortunately, I got them in before our big rains (almost 2 inches! - double the average July rainfall). We'll see if they come up, and more importantly, if they survive...I'll post some pictures if they do. Pretty soon I'll have some new trees & shrubs to start planting and watering throughout the end of summer and into the fall.

No comments: